Lemon rice is a south-indian lemon flavored rice delicacy which is quite very handy to make. Its great to use leftover rice for this recipe and takes only 5 min. to prepare for kids lunch box. This can be accompanied with a variety of dishes like sambhar, rasam or coconut chutney.
Cooking time: 10 min.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp oil
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp split bengal gram (chana dal)
- 1 tbsp skinless split black gram (dhuli udad dal)
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tbsp cashew nut
- 3-4 green chillies (slit)
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add chana dal and udad dal, fry for a min. till golden in colour.
- Add peanuts and cook for 30 sec.
- Next add, cashew nuts and fry for 10 sec. only.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves followed by asafoetida.
- Next add turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Immediately add cooked rice and mix well.
- Finally add lemon juice and cook for a couple of min.
- Serve hot alongwith rasam, sambhar, chutney of your choice.