This is an absolute kid's favourite snack recipe with very minimal ingredients required and are really quick to make. Kids will love the surprise with gooey and creamy centre stuffed with cheese. You can roll out the balls in large quantity and freeze the remaining balls, the next time your kids demand these, you only need to deep fry them and enjoy the cheesy munchies.
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 15 min.
Type: Tea-time snack
- 1 kg potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 1 cup spring onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2" cheddar cheese cubes as required
- 2 tblsp corn flour
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- Grate the potatoes and add spring onion, coriander leaves, salt and pepper.
- Divide the potato mixture into equal sized portions.
- Flatten each portion and place one cheese cube inside and make all balls likewise.
- Make a thin slurry using cornflour and water.
- Dip each ball in the slurry to completely coat the balls.
- Finally coat with bread crumbs and press lightly to avoid crumbs coming out while deep frying.
- Deep fry the balls in hot oil.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.