The other day my daughter who has a serious sweet tooth and wants something sweet now and then...asked me to make chocolate cupcakes at night.. as i generally avoid stocking up on eggs in summer, i looked for this recipe for chocolate cupcakes without eggs in an old magazine and made her happy in no time.
After eating this you will not complain about missing eggs because these are super moist and spongy and addition of coffee enhances the flavor and richness of chocolate to a new standard. Do try these quick and easy cupcakes or follow the same recipe to bake a cake.
Preparation time: 10 min.
Baking time: 20 min.
Makes: 12 cupcakes
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1.5 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 6 tbsp oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree celcius for 10-15 min.
- Place liners in the muffin/cupcake pan or lightly grease with oil.
- Sift together all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add sugar in the dry ingredients and mix well using a whisk.
- Add coffee powder to warm water and mix well.
- Add vinegar, vanilla essence and oil in the brewed coffee.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and make a lump-free batter.
- Fill the lined cupcake pan till 2/3rd full and bake for 20 min. till a tooth-pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let these cool on a wire rack and enjoy with a drizzle of chocolate sauce.